Introducing Halloween Helpers for Katrina Victims


It's August 31st.
We're just starting to realize
the magnitude of the devastation
that Katrina left behind.
I want to do something.
I think you do, too.
This blog is my rally cry to the Youth of the World
You CAN make a difference!


I'm organizing an effort to
"Trick or Treat for Victims of Hurricane Katrina."


Kids who are starting to get "too old" to trick or treat now have an excuse to get out there and do it again. They can trick or treat for the greater good. Collect money for the Red Cross. I'm betting that anyone who's willing to give a check to the Red Cross might have a piece of candy or two for the kid, too.

In the coming weeks, I'll be posting announcements on how to organize this effort within your youth group or neighborhood.

I'll have a permanent link to the Red Cross here on my blog. Right now officials say the best thing we can do is stay out of the area, and donate money.



9/07/05 Please note: The next couple of weeks I'm focusing on some of the immediate needs of the survivors of Katrina. More information regarding Halloween Helpers will be posted as we get closer to Halloween, but we want to start getting the word out now, so we can have as much participation as possible. Thanks for stopping by.


free website stats program

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous CATHYPOPLIN said...

I THINK THIS IS WONDERFUL. MY YOUTH GROUP HAS BEEN WANTING TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP. WE HAVE PLANNED A MISSION TRIP TO MISS. IN DEC. TO HELP IN ANY WAY WE CAN. BUT I THINK THIS WOULD BE OF HELP NOW ALSO. PLEASE LET ME KNOW MORE.MY EMAIL IS mompoplin@yahoo.com

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful idea, but aren't you forgetting Mississippi...We suffered as much as new orleans and are getting no national help or coverage. over six blocks of our coast line is GONE...not flooded, GONE.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory & Search engine